Bring some excitement to your lunch with these delicious and colorful grilled chicken and vegetable skewers with spicy peanut sauce. Made with tender chunks of marinated chicken, and a variety of fresh and crunchy veggies, such as bell peppers, zucchini, and onions, these skewers are a flavorful and healthy option for a quick lunch. Drizzled with a zesty and creamy peanut sauce, this dish is an explosion of sweet, spicy, and savory flavors that will keep your taste buds satisfied and your energy levels high for the rest of the day.
For the Skewers
1 lb. boneless, skinless breast of chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 bell peppers, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 onion, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 zucchini, sliced into 1-inch rounds
1 yellow squash, sliced into 1-inch rounds
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the spicy peanut sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss the chicken, bell peppers, onion, zucchini, and yellow squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Alternately thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 10 mins, or until the chicken gets cooked and the vegetables are tender and slightly charred. Serve the skewers alongside the spicy peanut sauce. Enjoy!