Eat your veggies in style with this delicious and healthy cauliflower rice stir-fry with tofu. Made with a colorful medley of fresh veggies, including bell peppers, carrots, and green peas, and a generous serving of protein-rich tofu, this stir-fry is a great way to pack your lunch with nutritious and tasty ingredients. Served over a bed of fluffy cauliflower rice and seasoned with a blend of savory spices and a touch of soy sauce, this dish is a flavorful and satisfying option for any day of the week.
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 firm tofu, drained and pressed into a block
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a blender until they are the size of rice grains.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan or wok with high heat. Add the tofu and cook for about 5 minutes, until it is browned on all sides. Take out of the pan and put to the side.
- Add the red bell pepper, onion, peas, carrots, and garlic to the same pan. Stir-fry the vegetables for two to three minutes or until they are soft.
- Add the cauliflower rice, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce to the pan. Stir-fry for 2–3 minutes more or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Whisk the cornflour and water together in a small bowl. Pour the ingredients into the pan and stir to mix. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the sauce gets thicker.
- Put tofu back in the pan and stir it all together. Serve the stir-fry hot, with green onions and sesame seeds on top. Enjoy!